FCS II/CHANNEL ISLANDS/3-Fin/PC/Large/Reactor Template/Black Color
Channel Islands Upright Fin
The Channel Islands Upright fin lands squarely in the FCS II Reactor Family. It has a more upright template than a lot of fins, with a lot of base and a more vertical shape.
The Upright set also has a back fin that is the same size as the front fins, which adds control at speed.
The upright template of the fins provides additional pivot and speed in hollower, punchier waves where you have to react and turn quickly. The fins have less mass than other Carver fins, so they cut through the water more quickly, which makes them fast and maneuverable.
However, this cuts down on the drive, which is typically created by longer fins with more rake. The drive is important in waves that don’t provide power or that have long, flatter sections you need to make, while speed is important for waves that have power but demand nimble, quick maneuvering.
The Channel Islands Upright is a fast fin that doesn’t create a lot of drive, making it best for top-to-bottom surfing and making fast barrels.
- A collaboration with Channel Islands Surfboards, the CI Upright is designed for speed & tight turns.
- A template that comes to life in punchy hollow waves, but can also suit conditions where you need the start up speed to get going.
- Hollow steep waves, punchy beach breaks.
- Designed to fit the FCS II Fin System.
- Performance boards with deep concaves and moderate-to-extreme rocker.
- Reactor: Find Speed. Speed, tight turns & snaps.